Lesiones vasculares del cuello

Translated title of the contribution: Surgical vascular injuries of the neck

P. Menéndez, J. M. Sánchez, Juan A. Asensio

Research output: Contribution to journalArticle

Abstract

Penetrating neck trauma accounts for approximately 5-10 % of all penetrating trauma patients. Approximately 30 % of those admitted with penetrating neck injuries incur vascular injuries. Their overall mortality of 20-40 % and morbidity rates are significantly higher than for those patients that sustain penetrating trauma. Management with good outcomes depends on early diagnosis and prompt surgical treatment. We describe the methodology for the approach and surgical management of the vascular injuries of the neck.

Original languageSpanish
Pages (from-to)150-156
Number of pages7
JournalAngiologia
Volume62
Issue number4
DOIs
StatePublished - Jul 2010
Externally publishedYes

Fingerprint

Vascular System Injuries
Intraoperative Complications
Neck
Wounds and Injuries
Neck Injuries
Early Diagnosis
Morbidity
Mortality
Therapeutics

All Science Journal Classification (ASJC) codes

  • Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine

Cite this

Lesiones vasculares del cuello. / Menéndez, P.; Sánchez, J. M.; Asensio, Juan A.

In: Angiologia, Vol. 62, No. 4, 07.2010, p. 150-156.

Research output: Contribution to journalArticle

Menéndez, P, Sánchez, JM & Asensio, JA 2010, 'Lesiones vasculares del cuello', Angiologia, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 150-156. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-3170(10)70037-7
Menéndez, P. ; Sánchez, J. M. ; Asensio, Juan A. / Lesiones vasculares del cuello. In: Angiologia. 2010 ; Vol. 62, No. 4. pp. 150-156.
@article{a68984cf5c3c4973a4896eea936a2939,
title = "Lesiones vasculares del cuello",
abstract = "Penetrating neck trauma accounts for approximately 5-10 {\%} of all penetrating trauma patients. Approximately 30 {\%} of those admitted with penetrating neck injuries incur vascular injuries. Their overall mortality of 20-40 {\%} and morbidity rates are significantly higher than for those patients that sustain penetrating trauma. Management with good outcomes depends on early diagnosis and prompt surgical treatment. We describe the methodology for the approach and surgical management of the vascular injuries of the neck.",
author = "P. Men{\'e}ndez and S{\'a}nchez, {J. M.} and Asensio, {Juan A.}",
year = "2010",
month = "7",
doi = "10.1016/S0003-3170(10)70037-7",
language = "Spanish",
volume = "62",
pages = "150--156",
journal = "Angiologia",
issn = "0003-3170",
publisher = "Viguera Editores S.L.",
number = "4",

}

TY - JOUR

T1 - Lesiones vasculares del cuello

AU - Menéndez, P.

AU - Sánchez, J. M.

AU - Asensio, Juan A.

PY - 2010/7

Y1 - 2010/7

N2 - Penetrating neck trauma accounts for approximately 5-10 % of all penetrating trauma patients. Approximately 30 % of those admitted with penetrating neck injuries incur vascular injuries. Their overall mortality of 20-40 % and morbidity rates are significantly higher than for those patients that sustain penetrating trauma. Management with good outcomes depends on early diagnosis and prompt surgical treatment. We describe the methodology for the approach and surgical management of the vascular injuries of the neck.

AB - Penetrating neck trauma accounts for approximately 5-10 % of all penetrating trauma patients. Approximately 30 % of those admitted with penetrating neck injuries incur vascular injuries. Their overall mortality of 20-40 % and morbidity rates are significantly higher than for those patients that sustain penetrating trauma. Management with good outcomes depends on early diagnosis and prompt surgical treatment. We describe the methodology for the approach and surgical management of the vascular injuries of the neck.

UR - http://www.scopus.com/inward/record.url?scp=79952802525&partnerID=8YFLogxK

UR - http://www.scopus.com/inward/citedby.url?scp=79952802525&partnerID=8YFLogxK

U2 - 10.1016/S0003-3170(10)70037-7

DO - 10.1016/S0003-3170(10)70037-7

M3 - Article

AN - SCOPUS:79952802525

VL - 62

SP - 150

EP - 156

JO - Angiologia

JF - Angiologia

SN - 0003-3170

IS - 4

ER -